Carve your name on hearts, not tombstones. A legacy is etched into the minds of others and the stories they share about you. That’s what we consider true generosity: You give your all, and yet you always feel as if it costs you nothing. We are just asking a fraction of your kindness that will live even after you leave.
“The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.” ― Mahatma Gandhi.
Donate to our “Temple Development Fund”
Note: Enter the dollar amount you wish to donate and click on the “Donate Now Button” if you don’t have a PayPal account. It does not require you to create a PayPal account.
If you intend to donate by check, please make it payable to Organization for Hindu Religion and Culture and send it to 5650 Lancaster St. Harrisburg, PA 17111 or call us at 717-379-2104.
Any amount donated in the temple account will be utilized for the following purposes:
- The mortgage payment and additional construction work such as improving the kitchen, bathrooms, and other temple features.
- To pay for utilities, trash, tax, etc.
- To fund the temple’s miscellaneous expenses, such as repairing, cleaning, painting, etc.
- To fund the activities to promote social, cultural, religious, and spiritual understanding of Hindu Vedic principles.
- To purchase the necessities for decoration, beautification, and cleaning.
- For miscellaneous payment to CPA, priests, pujari, artist, etc.
- To enhance teaching and learning of the Nepali language and Hindu Vedic principles.
- To pay for stationaries, snacks, and lunch.
- To provide tokens to the volunteer teacher and other staff.
- To fund professional development and pay for other miscellaneous expenses.
- “A Dollar a Day” is a fundraising initiative launched by the Organization for Hindu Religion and Culture (OHRC). The money raised in the “a dollar a day” program can use for the mortgage payment, utility payment, maintenance cost, and other housekeeping needs of Shree LaxmiNarayan Hari-Har Dham (Temple/Community Hall). This program is designed based on Musti Dan’s concept– an act of sparing a dollar from daily expenses for community service. To enroll in the “a dollar a day” program, donors should fill and sign the agreement form to authorizes OHRC to deduct money from their bank account. After authorization, OHRC will withdraw cash regularly from the authorized bank account on the first of each month. If the payment dates fall on a weekend or holiday, the payments may be executed on the next business day. The donation amount withdrawn from the donor’s account will be based on the donor’s authorization: $30 /month ($1 a day), $60 /month ($2 a day), or $365 per year.
The donor must provide the VOID check while submitting the form for the account information purpose. Donors’ privacy is vital to OHRC; therefore, the use of the donor’s information is strictly limited within the organization for “a dollar a day” authorization. The donor must understand that this authorization will be in effect until they cancel it in writing and agree to notify OHRC to write any changes in the account information or terminate this authorization at least 15 days prior to the next billing date. This will ensure avoiding unintended bank check return fees. If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact Sri Dhital at email@example.com.
Thank you for your donation and support to OHRC.
Any amount donated in the General Activities will be utilized for the following purposes:
Any amount donated in the Education Program will be utilized for the following purposes: